var message="";
///////////////////////////////////
function clickIE() {if (document.all) {(message);return false;}}
function clickNS(e) {if
(document.layers||(document.getElementById&&!document.all)) {
if (e.which==2||e.which==3) {(message);return false;}}}
if (document.layers)
{document.captureEvents(Event.MOUSEDOWN);document.onmousedown=clickNS;}
else{document.onmouseup=clickNS;document.oncontextmenu=clickIE;}
document.oncontextmenu=new Function("return false")
// -->
Monday, November 10, 2008
11:39 PM
Went down to show David what I've done for my project just now.Worked hard over the weekends - did research, trial and error, calculations, and more research~Came up with the simplest and most general way to detect where a person is using GPS coordinates.Guess what he told me.No no no... you must use a live map, contact a map company, and write your program in their software.You cannot use your own picture, if not there'll be position error.For goodness sake I'm doing my calculations uptill 11 decimal places.How much error can there be?!And his initial words were "just need to know the general area of the person" and "you don't have to pinpoint his exact location".Now?I want to know where the person is. Only allow 2m radius precision error.So what did all that hard work amounted to in the end?
Nothing.*** ***Went to PS later on to visit Samsung Customer Service Centre.As expected, they couldn't provide me with anything related to the map software as it's a third party company that made it.However they did provide me with their contact number, and if I have any technical questions, they'll be able to answer them. Or so I've been told.We'll have to wait till tomorrow to find out. Their hotline only opens till 5pm.So now I'm online trying to find their email address and related information~*** ***Knowing that what you've done till now is worthless? Priceless.For everything else, there's Master Card.~*~*~* ARGH! *~*~*~